[hackpgh-discuss] Re: meeting tonight, 6 Mar?

  • From: Doug Philips <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 08:38:50 -0500

As of now, based on the weather reports, the meeting should still be on.
For new members, we have membership meetings the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays except under very dire circumstances. (If the meeting were at 7am instead of 7pm, we'd've postponed it.)

NOAA and the other weather reports I've heard are calling for an end to the storm warnings at 5pm with snow tapering off this afternoon, so I expect the school closings have more to do with today's early AM weather... and that road crews should be able to get things cleaned up.

AS ALWAYS: Members must use their own best judgement about their own safe travel (teenagers seem to jump in front of bikes in all weather though :-( ).

-=Doug

On 3/6/13 8:20 AM, j. eric townsend wrote:
I'm about to head to work in the 4x4 but it looks like a number of
schools are closed today and I'm guessing the buses are not much fun.
Are we planning on meeting tonight or will it be postponed for weather?