[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Stupid vending machine

  • From: Simon Heath <icefoxen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 18:03:08 -0500

On 02/06/2016 04:58 PM, John Lewis wrote:

I have a Raspberry Pi B+ already reserved for that propose, I can have
it formatted today with rasbian and bring it too you if you need it now.

Sounds good, though I don't need it now. If you leave it in the machine with whatever software you want on it, I'll start hacking on software for it.

On 02/06/2016 05:09 PM, Steven Owens wrote:
I'll be happy to take a crack at that, I need to work on cutter/CNC design.

Speaking of that, if anybody has any recommendations (tutorials,
videos, apps) I'm all eyes.

Steve

Awesome! What we need really isn't all that complicated, as long as it fits, looks cool, and has convenient places to bolt a Pi and maybe power supply. We're going to need to run all the ethernet and power cables along the bottom of the vending machine's doors, so we can open it without ripping a bunch of wiring out.

I've gotten the button panel wired up and connected to terminals in a vaguely sane fashion, including the power wires someone so inconsiderately snipped off. It might still need ground wiring, I don't know? It looks like the buttons pull low when closed, but honestly I didn't test it that much... I'd appreciate it if someone who knows what they are doing looked at it.

Thanks,
Simon