[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Power Wheels Challenge

  • From: Yevgeniy Soroka <ukranians2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 14:59:30 -0400

I think that unless all teams participating have the same amount of money
and resources (including experienced people) it would be fair. Otherwise,
obviously Microsoft would win.

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Gene Kern <gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So. Micro$oft wants to take the trophy!

Too bad we took the jeep apart. It would have been a good starting place.

Gene

On 5/26/2015 1:56 PM, Geno Soroka wrote:

To compete with Microsoft? Thats a pretty big challenge. We could probably
put something together. I would totally be in on it 100%. Sounds incredibly
fun!
-Geno

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Jim <Quest-Engineering@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you guy's can setup the guidance system I can show you how to build a
motor that runs it self and we'll really blow their socks off.

Jim
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 12:12 PM
*From:* "Chad Elish" <chad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*To:* hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* [hackpgh-discuss] Power Wheels Challenge
Hello Team!

Jim, one of the founders of the Power Racing series called me late this
weekend and brought up a challenge… Build a self driving power wheels car
to complete with Microsoft! He told me that Microsoft was going to bring a
self driving power wheels car to Maker Faire New York.

What do you think? Do we have the skills to kick Microsoft’s ass?

He was hoping to get a response by today but I told him that wasn’t a
possibility. I’m hoping to schedule some time for a meeting at the shop
within the next day or two. What do you think?

-Chad

--
-Geno
Hack Pittsburgh Secretary