[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Power Wheels Challenge

  • From: Gene Kern <gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 16:04:32 -0400

I'm in. This will be in addition to the Delorean.

Gene

On 5/26/2015 2:59 PM, Elijah Richter wrote:

Would people be available tomorrow (Weds) to meet?

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Gene Kern <gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

So. Micro$oft wants to take the trophy!

Too bad we took the jeep apart. It would have been a good
starting place.

Gene

On 5/26/2015 1:56 PM, Geno Soroka wrote:
To compete with Microsoft? Thats a pretty big challenge. We could
probably put something together. I would totally be in on it
100%. Sounds incredibly fun!
-Geno

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Jim <Quest-Engineering@xxxxxxxx
<mailto:Quest-Engineering@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

If you guy's can setup the guidance system I can show you how
to build a motor that runs it self and we'll really blow
their socks off.
Jim
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 12:12 PM
*From:* "Chad Elish" <chad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:chad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
*To:* hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* [hackpgh-discuss] Power Wheels Challenge
Hello Team!

Jim, one of the founders of the Power Racing series called me
late this weekend and brought up a challenge… Build a self
driving power wheels car to complete with Microsoft! He told
me that Microsoft was going to bring a self driving power
wheels car to Maker Faire New York.

What do you think? Do we have the skills to kick Microsoft’s ass?

He was hoping to get a response by today but I told him that
wasn’t a possibility. I’m hoping to schedule some time for a
meeting at the shop within the next day or two. What do you
think?

-Chad

-- -Geno
Hack Pittsburgh Secretary