[hackpgh-discuss] HackPittsburgh at Detroit Maker Faire

  • From: Matt Mets <mahto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:57:17 -0400

Maker Faire Detroiters-

I propose we get a HackPittsburgh table at the Faire, and show off some of our cool projects.

The Faire is open for 10.5 hours on Saturday, and 7.5 hours on Sunday, so if we have at least 5 people going and each person signs up for about ~2 hours of booth duty a day, that would cover it and get us some presence. We can also shut down early if we need to.

Benefits of doing booth time are:
* Get in for free (and get a cool exhibitor badge!)
* Represent our space
* Talk to cool people from other hackerspaces
* Get into the Faire on Friday, affording exclusive access to other makers

So, who's in? I'll spring for a vinyl HackPGH sign if at least three people sign up.

Here are some ideas for what we can show:

Finished things we can bring:
* LED twitter sign
* ioBridge projects
* Balloon?
* Laser Harp
* Finished or Unfinished projects you are working on
* Extra junk that we can give away

Things that can be finished this week/end to bring:
* Cut HackPGH into chocolate bars using the Modella
* Lasercut art
* Meggy Jr. Sr. LED display

Cheers,
Matt