[hackpgh-discuss] Re: HackPittsburgh at Detroit Maker Faire

  • From: Matt Mets <mahto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:40:03 -0400

Sorry about that, meant to send it to Robert :-)

On 07/29/2010 01:38 PM, Matt Mets wrote:
Hey Robert,

If you're still interested, we are still looking for a few more people
to sign up and man the booth. I'm going to try to get family to fill in
some of the remaining spaces, and maybe we will shut down early on
Sunday... didn't get nearly as much response on this as I had hoped :-(.
If you're in, the schedule is here:

http://www.doodle.com/ubtmu2zgqdyby2rg

No need to worry it too much though- the important bit is to enjoy the
Faire :-).

Cheers,
Matt

On 07/19/2010 06:05 PM, Robert Blackwell wrote:
My family and I are going so I could help if need be.

So if my 2 hours means we get a table then count me in. If enough
people step up to man the table without me count me out as I would
rather look at all the stuff with my kids.

See you in Detroit!

Robert

On Jul 19, 2010, at 12:57 PM, Matt Mets<mahto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maker Faire Detroiters-

I propose we get a HackPittsburgh table at the Faire, and show off
some of our cool projects.

The Faire is open for 10.5 hours on Saturday, and 7.5 hours on
Sunday, so if we have at least 5 people going and each person signs
up for about ~2 hours of booth duty a day, that would cover it and
get us some presence. We can also shut down early if we need to.

Benefits of doing booth time are:
* Get in for free (and get a cool exhibitor badge!)
* Represent our space
* Talk to cool people from other hackerspaces
* Get into the Faire on Friday, affording exclusive access to other
makers

So, who's in? I'll spring for a vinyl HackPGH sign if at least three
people sign up.

Here are some ideas for what we can show:

Finished things we can bring:
* LED twitter sign
* ioBridge projects
* Balloon?
* Laser Harp
* Finished or Unfinished projects you are working on
* Extra junk that we can give away

Things that can be finished this week/end to bring:
* Cut HackPGH into chocolate bars using the Modella
* Lasercut art
* Meggy Jr. Sr. LED display

Cheers,
Matt