[hackpgh-discuss] Friday Night - Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator

  • From: Scott Thomas <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:51:00 -0400

All,
As of right now, we do not have an event scheduled for friday. I think this
is a great excuse to try out the Spaceship Bridge Simulator, Artemis (
http://www.artemis.eochu.com/).
Basically, one computer acts as the server, and has a projector hooked up
to it. 2 - 5 other computers then connect via LAN, and each acts as various
stations (engineering, weapons, etc). One person takes command as Captain,
and is responsible for leading the crew. The Captain doesn't actually
really interact with a computer; rather it is their job to coordinate the
activities of the various stations.

Unfortunately, I will be out of town, and Doug is unable to head this one
up. We need someone to step up to volunteer to run this event. You don't
need to be Captain; we just need someone who can make sure everyone gets
hooked up to the network, get the game installed, etc. Please shoot me an
email if you can run this.

This one isn't set in stone yet. If you have a Friday Night event idea that
you'd like to execute in 5 days, then please let me know.

Thanks,
Scott