[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Dues'n'nat...

  • From: Dan Stahlke <dan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 22:37:12 -0500

Fifth Third. I don't think they even supported PopMoney till recently. Oh well.

On 03/02/2013 10:23 PM, Elijah Richter wrote:
What bank do you use? PNC I know doesn't charge, but I think that some banks do.

-Eli

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Dan Stahlke <dan@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dan@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    So, didn't I hear everyone say PopMoney was free?  It wants to
    charge me a buck for the transaction.

    On 03/02/2013 12:08 AM, Doug Philips wrote:

        Hey all,
           For maybe the first time ever, and by mere minutes, I've
        sent out the monthly dues reminder emails on time. If you
        don't get one, you're good (paid ahead or have a recurring
        payment already scheduled).

        Since we have a bunch of new members, and as a reminder to
        existing members, we have a few different ways to pay dues.
        The important thing is we want to make it easy for members to
        pay dues without burdening the organization (i.e. the
        treasurer, i.e. me) too much.

        We have in the past several months expanded our options to
        provide options that have lower fees (or even no fees). Listed
        in order that we'd prefer to receive dues, please pick the
        highest one on the list that works for you.

        -=Doug

        PopMoney recurring payment to dues -at- hackpittsburgh.org
        <http://hackpittsburgh.org>
        PopMoney one-month payment to dues -at- hackpittsburgh.org
        <http://hackpittsburgh.org>
        Cash(*)
        Paypal recurring payment/subscription
        Paypal one-month payment
           Paypal buttons are on http://www.hackpittsburgh.org/membership

        (*) - Please see a council member if you wish to pay in cash.
        Any dues payment that does not follow our procedure will -not-
        be credited.