[hackpgh-discuss] Re: ColdHeat soldering iron

  • From: Sarita Taub <ssimonisme@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:00:51 -0400 (EDT)

I bought one when they first came out.  Tips are some carbon derivative and
used (I think) a capacitive charge to heat the joint and just the joint.  NOT
POSITIVE about the working theory, just knew that the tip was safe to touch
except for the gap in the very end.  Never tried it on plastic.  Lousy for fine
soldering, which is what I wanted it for.  Take up Jeremy's offer if you want
to help your friend.

Sarita