hackfix-virusnews: Klez: Don't Believe 'From' Line (interesting article)

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackfix-virusnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:36:34 -0400

Hopefully this one will explain to those that don't
understand the strange messages they have been
receiving
~~

Klez: Don't Believe 'From' Line
By Michelle Delio
 2:00 a.m. April 30, 2002 PDT

Some Internet users have recently received an e-mail
message from a dead friend. Others have been
subscribed to obscure mailing lists. Some have lost
their Internet access after being accused of
spamming, and still others have received e-mailed
pornography from a priest.

They're actually experiencing some of the stranger
side effects of the Klez computer virus.

These ersatz e-mails containing the virus are
creating Klez-provoked arguments and accusations that
are now
spreading as fast as the worm itself.

The latest variant of the Klez virus started
spreading 10 days ago. The virus e-mails itself from
infected machines using a bogus "From" address
randomly plucked from all e-mail addresses stored on
an infected computer's hard drive or network.

Read more here:

http://wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,52174,00.html

=A9 Copyright 2002, Lycos, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Partial Article Printed with Permission.

~*~*~*~*~
To unsubscribe from our list send an email
to hackfix-virusnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe.

For a complete list of email commands for our list send
an email to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of
"info hackfix-virusnews" without the quotes.
~*~*~*~*~