hackfix-virusnews: Chaos as 'Klez cocktails' begin to strike (interesting articles)

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackfix-virusnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 18:35:00 -0400

Chernobyl virus rides Klez's coattails
By David Becker
Staff Writer, CNET News.com
May 6, 2002, 12:30 PM PT

The Klez worm just keeps on giving.

The persistent pest, which made a strong comeback
last month in the form of the Klez.h variant, is now
helping revive the Chernobyl virus, according to a
new report from antivirus company Symantec.

The report says that a virus known as W95.CIH.1049, a
slight variation of the W95.CIH bug dubbed the
Chernobyl virus when it began spreading four years
ago, has been detected in recent infections of the
Klez worm. The main difference with the new virus is
that it's set to activate on Aug. 2 of every year, as
opposed to the April 26 attack date of the original
Chernobyl.

Read more here:
http://news.com.com/2100-1001-900050.html
Reprinted from CNET.com, with permission from CNET,
Inc., copyright 1995-2002

More information:
http://nl2.vnunet.com/News/1131458
=A9 1995-2002 VNU Business Publications Ltd

~*~*~*~*~
To unsubscribe from our list send an email
to hackfix-virusnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe.

For a complete list of email commands for our list send
an email to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of
"info hackfix-virusnews" without the quotes.
~*~*~*~*~