[guispeak] Re: looking for a wav file

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 01:39:05 -0500

Hey otis -- I have a bunch of new mail notification files that I can send.
They range from AOL's "you got mail" to choir and barbershop quartet clips,
to star trek message alerts to a smattering of others.
Would you like the whole batch? i know my selection isn't big, and I am sure
you can browse thousands of them on websites made for this purpose, but
these are some that people have sent to me over the years and I like a good
laugh once in a while.

Caveat: Even though some of them are quite good, they are also very
intrusive and can disrupt what you are doing, and for this reason I have set
my new mail sound to the old fashioned win98 notify.wav.  I like this one
and it is distinct enough to alert you but gentle enough not to disrupt your
thoughts.
Let me know what all you want, and if anyone else wants some email me
privately.
--le