[guispeak] laptop displays

  • From: "E Hersh" <edward.hersh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:43:17 -0500

Hi,
Does anyone have knowledge of or experience with some of the recent notebook
computer displays?  I'm specifically interested in knowing how big of a
difference the 'ultra' graphics (UXGA) makes over the standard XGA display.
On the Dell web site, the cost is significantly more for the UXGA.    For
the visually impaired, is the contrast etc. significantly improved?

Another related issue is video RAM.  How much of a difference does more RAM
make for use with programs for screen enlargement (eg. ZoomText) and speech?

What other issues should be considered on otebook computer displays for the
VI?

Thanks,
-ED Hersh

http://bluerockbnb.com   Blue Rock Bed and Breakfast
717.872.1192

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
Winston Churchill