[guispeak] Re: Some more silly stuff

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:23:35 -0000

There is a good chance that Winsockfix may solve your
problem.  I've used it myself, as have many others.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257

This is what the site says:-

If you have suddenly lost your Internet connection after
removing spy-ware (such as NewDotNet, and Commonname) the
following steps will help restore your connection. This
works for Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP.

1.) Download WinsockFix.zip. (by: Option^Explicit)
2.) UnZip WinsockFix.zip (Pay close attention to where the
file is extracted to.)
3.) Run WinsockFix.exe.
4.) Click the Fix button.

This program will clean up your TCP/IP connection and
rebuild the database. After the program is complete, reboot
and your problems should be resolved.

George Bell.