[guispeak] Re: Question about Downloading

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:32:15 -0500

I turn off pop up blockers, but in my experience, the issue here is one of
file association.  The pattern has been stated to be that this is the only
download type that seems to have changed.  I suspect if you click a zip
link, the download dialog apears.  This can be fixed if desired by using the
file types dialog in folder otions to alter the behaivor.  It is also
possible but unlikely that a security setting in ie is squelching this
behavior.  You can also edit the registry to alter this behavior but since
thee is a tool in windows which accomlishes the same thing, it's probably
best to use it.  II'm afraid that if you want exact details though, I'd have
to walk you through it on the hone.  Issentially though it involves finding
the file type in the file types list if it exists and deleting it or
creating it if it doesn't exist or modifying it but that can be tricky
because there are many combinations and ermutations of settings for actions.

--
Johnnie Apple Seed