From: The Google Accessibility Team To: Interested Blind Computer Users Subject: Looking for interested volunteers
Google is interested in finding out more about how blind and visually impaired people use our products. We will use this information to help make our products more accessible.
In The study we will ask you to use the Google search engine to look for specific pieces of information on the Internet.
If you are blind or visually impaired and use assistive technology to access the Internet, we would like to invite you to take part in this usability study.
To participate you will need to: o be at least 18 years old o be visually impaired o Be familiar with screen reading technology such as JAWS For Windows o be willing to sign our Usability Non-Disclosure Agreement
Where: The Googleplex - 1600 Amphitheater Parkway. Mountain View, Ca. 94043 When: A 2 hour appointment will be scheduled between 9/01/05 and 9/09/05
Google will arrange and compensate for taxi-cab transportation to and from your home. (up to $50 each way)
All volunteers will also receive $75 in American Express Gift Checks as thank you from Google.
If you would like to be considered for this usability study, and you meet the requirements above, please answer the following questions, and email them to tgriffith@xxxxxxxxxxx Please keep the same subject line as this email.
1. What is your name?
2. Are you totally blind or partially sighted?
3. Were you blind from birth or did you develop blindness later on in life (please give age)?
4. Do you have any other disabilities?
5. What assistive technologies do you currently use - please give product name and version.
6. How long have you been using assistive technologies?
7. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your skill with assistive technologies?
8. Which operating system(s) do you use at home (Windows, Linux, Mac)?
9. Have you ever participated in any focus groups or user studies (yes, no)?
10. Will you require transport assistance to enable you to come to Google?
11. Are there any other accommodations or issues that are relevant to your participation in this study?
12. Do you have a phone number at which you can be reached?
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:guispeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** guispeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:guispeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** guispeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq