[guide.chat] main stream school

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 22:44:28 +0100

Hi all

before I went to special school for the deaf and blind and handicapped which
was called
Shawgrove on cavendish road west Didsbury manchester
Well went to main stream school called
Levenshulme high school for girls

It used to be called
Alma park school at first

However,in this secrondary school from 11 years old to 15 we were only there
temporily till they found us special school

To be honest i loved it in main stream believe it or not
there were 12 of us
partially sighted and deaf but i wore two boxed hearing aids on a little
harness on my tummy
had moderate hearing then wow big different then
well headmaster thought because of our disabilities he would send us 12 to
special school
While we were in main stream we loved it got special attention there really
good
missed it when we moved out we only stayed there for 15 months sad really

i wore gray skirt and navy blue jumper and white shirt and black shoes for my
uniform
in special school wore our own clothes
but mum and dad prefered me to wear uniform
thought i would share that
take care