[guide.chat] guide.chat - punishments

  • From: "Lyn Rudge" <b00kworm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:24:16 -0000

Hi June,

Oh yes, Derek Marks was at Lickey when I was in the Infants and, for a while,
in the Juniors before he was transferred to Wavertree though I will never know
how he managed to get his promotion which just goes to show what the teachers
were like in those days.  They certainly wouldn't get away with it now.

I think the main memories I have of being at school were that I made some
really good friends and we used to get up to all sorts of things.  Boarding
School had a lot to answer for but I think that, on the whole, it made me a
much stronger person, able to deal with most of what life presented;  whereas
if I'd been to mainstream school, I would have probably found life much more
difficult.  Actually, in those days, our parents didn't have a choice, did
they?  If you didn't live near to a residential school, you had to go as a
boarder.  They didn't train people to give one to one assistance as I believe
they do nowadays with blind children in mainstream schools.

Regards,

Lynn