[guide.chat] art finger knitting toilet roll

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:16:24 +0100

Corking and Finger Knitting Workshop

Put an elastic band around a toilet roll and put four ice lollipop sticks in,
so that the elastic band is holding the sticks and these sticks are about one
inch above the toilet roll, can glue them to toilet roll and cut toilet roll to
desired height or leave as they are.
Wrap wool around lollipop sticks twice, then the bottom strand of wool put over
the top strand and keep doing the same on the next sticks continuosly.

These corkers made from toilet paper rolls, popsicle sticks, and rubber bands
were very clever, easy to use, and make it possible to try this craft at home
without having to make a big financial investment.  If you?d like to give it a
try (it?s fun for kids and adults!)

Note:  Some people like to use something like a blunt needle or a crochet hook
to ?lift? the yarn up and over but we just did it with our fingers and it
worked really well.  You may need to experiment to see what works the best for
you and you may need to try different methods with different materials (thicker
yarn, thinner string, etc).

I found it really relaxing ? one of those things that once you get the hang of
it, you can get a rhythm going and just sort of daydream while working away.
As one of the other ladies there said, ?Unlike with knitting and crocheting,
there?s no counting to do so you can easily do this while chatting or watching
tv or anything like that and never have to worry about losing your place.?

One of the biggest questions I?ve heard about corking is ?Ok, so what do I do
with this ?rope? of yarn I?ve created now??.  There are actually more projects
you can make out of this than you might think. Of course, some of the old
standards are for children to make a little scarf for their doll or teddy bear
and to coil the piece into a hot pad or as I?ve done below, a mug rug.

Take a few stitches as you coil to secure the piece.  This can also work if you
sort of zigzag the piece side by side to make more of a square or rectangular
piece.  Make loops and secure with stitches to form a flower for a headband or
brooch or as an embellishment on a purse or something.  There are so many
possibilities here!!!

from
Vanessa The Google Girl.
my skype name is rainbowstar123