[guide.chat] :{ With thanks to Si Watson }:Fwd: Today's gift!!!

  • From: Keith Wines <muckyduck2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 20:13:13 -0000

 :Fwd:Today's gift!!!

Slow Down and Live

Many of us rush through our days as well as rush through our meals. Often we
let ourselves get so busy that we do not enjoy what we are doing or what we
are eating. We swallow life in great gulps instead of savoring it moment by
moment.

Hurry and busyness are forms of self-will. Deluded by an exaggerated sense
of our own importance, we deem it crucial to perform all tasks and
activities according to our personal schedule. Impatient with traffic
tie-ups, other people's slowness, or unavoidable delays, we make ourselves
tense and miserable by our refusal to accept life as it comes.

Time spent each day in quiet meditation can give us glimpses of God's
timelessness. We see that our schedule is not that important after all, when
measured against eternity. As the presence of God seeps into our
consciousness, we relax into the fullness and peace of each moment. Trusting
our Higher Power to order our lives, we can slow down and enjoy God's gifts.

May I exchange hurry and busyness for Your peace.
Take Care