[guide.chat] The Riverside Blind Club

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:45:58 -0000

Good evening all. I had a lovely time at the riverside club as always and it's
certainly so much improved now as it's so much more lively and we have much
better prizes for the bingo and raffle. Today I won some chocolate biscuits on
the raffle and some lavender bath and shower gel on the bingo how cool. It's so
nice to have decent prizes at last it's ideal. We had biscuits with a cuppa I
had chocolate ones of course there's just no contest there they know me so well
haha. Lovely to catch up with Ron and Pat and the others as always. For tea it
was meat pie and that aero mousse and will have something while enjoying the
soaps so I'm certainly enjoying my medicine in a big way of course. It's a part
of life that has to be done haha. Well I have lovely news for you. I'm going to
a 60's concert on Thursday 8 March it's at night and is from 7.30 PM till 10
how cool is that? I'm going with Ron and the coupl who's wedding I went to of
his granddaughter and her new husband. They are going too and they are going to
act as our sighted guides ah how lovely of them. Ah, they such lovely people.
Ron's as excited as I am. Also Pat and her husband Robert are going to the
concert so it's going to be quite a big group of us not bad going. Oh my social
life is certainly taking off in a big way now. About time too. This concert is
a mixture of 60's stars and includes Peter Noon from Herman's Hermits and Brian
Pool from the tremilows. I haven't spelt that right but I hope you know who I
mean. There's 3 others but can't remember their names. Pat will refresh my
memory when I see her at the other Monday club next week. Oh I'm so excited and
certainly looking forward to the concert just my thing. It's costing us £20
each for tickets but I don't mind it's well worth it for a lovely night out
always much needed. Hope all had a good day. I have lots of emails to go
through. Love Clare