[guide.chat] Scared of going blind later on in life

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:15:33 +0100

Dear all
Like to share this with you all.
As  a child just playing in house with normal toys and mummy and daddy enjoying
me playing too.
Just looked like a normal baby
lovely brown eyes smiling and chuckling all the time very bonny baby.
Mum and dad had nice plans for my future.
Everything was great right up to age 4.
Wow mum and dad were in for a shock now one morning mum noticed a squint in my
eye it went inward if yu know what I mean
Anyway thinking it weill right itself just carried on as normal

When attended nursery just played in sand pit and water pit and with the wendy
house in them days like a house you play in.
Then kept rubbing my eyes teacher got concernced about this.
They told mum and dad to take me to manchester royal hospital.
Believe it or not from on that day aged 4 was under eye hospital .
Doctors were bit worried about my left eye
Years went by got my first pair of glasses at 5 years old thick ones
so mum and dad knew I had a problem there oh dear eye hospital told mum and dad
my left eye was weak
I carried on as regardless
In schools I always had to sit at front of class .
When aged 12 years old doing a lesson in my secrdary school  where you go from
11 to 15.
How ever, doing lessons teacher started to panak like mad she saw my eyes blood
shot sorry one eye my left eye
I put my head on desk told teacher very painful she got on to headmaster he
took me in to sick bay
Phoned mum and dad I was taken in to hospital stayed in for 4 weeks as it was
the retna that dropped at back of eye no Laser treatment in them days
too late woke up blind in that left eye
Upset for months after mum and dad were too.
After returned back to special school called
Shawgrove for deaf and blind childrren i become depressed not being able to see
the ball in hocky or rounders as they called it in them days
I felt it themn
Although i had one eye ok thankfully I still carried on
When I was 13 years old got bullied in school untill I was 15.
this girl called Doreen gibson was a swine she really called me names like
specky 4 eyes because my glasses were very thick

had bad time we used to fight in the toilets oh not joking many times she took
my glasses started to laugh as i couldn't see properly she would run around the
toilets shouting right come and get me if you want your specks back
get she was .
Every time I reported her to teacher she would spit on me in playground she was
very nasty
I got very scared after that tried to get out of going to school
One day she lift my desk lid up and drop it on my fingers everyvody in class
started laughing terrible
I am afraid i were very mard in them days
She pulled my long hair at back made me scream once teacher
just took me to front of class slapped back of my legs really hard
Oh hated it there
When it was our last year in school
I just suddenly snapped and determin to get her once and for all.
I got her in toilet pinned her against the wall and butterd her on nose I know
that is terible thing to do but at that time I didn't care wanted to get my
revenge and guess what i felt so good
she never came near me after that.
I got the strap on hand off headmaster but then thinking don't care it was
worth to see her nose bleed .
I know it sounds terible but after two years of constant bullying my anger came
out in a different way
When started work at 16 years old life was just great
so at aged of 33 years old was in hospital for major eye operation and just
went blind all together and my god depression came over me like that for 5
years .
life changed for me after that.
I need to share that
now do not want anybody posting this email to outsiders please or to magazines
if yu get my meaning this is only for the chat group only
Take care all