[guide.chat] Recent weather.

  • From: "A. Machray" <a.machray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:44:55 -0000

Hello All,
Since the snow went we have been having some wonderful days of sunshine.  On
one day I even had to remove my jersey, it was that warm.  We have not had the
rain fall that has been south of the border but have had a few light showers.
Keep warm and dry wherever you are.

I do not seem to get the time to listen to the television, but with what is
being said, I am not missing anything.

Good luck with the house moving Lyn.  Everything will fall into place for you
soon.  It is a stressful time, that is why I have stayed put for the last 36
years.
When I was younger, with father working on the farms, we used to move house
every two or three years depending on where the best money was to be had.  My
father was the first person to drive a tractor on a farm, after the horses
started to be retired from the farms, and was the envy of other farm workers.
This was on a farm in Aberdeenshire.  Tractors were already being used on farms
further south where the ground was in better condition.  This was one of the
reasons why we moved so much as he would teach others on how to work a tractor
on several farms.  He regretted the tractor in the long run as you could not
speak to a tractor the same as a horse but it did mean a shorter working day.
The only good thing he had to say about a tractor was that you could fry bacon
and eggs on the bonnet of it for breakfast.  Now they are like driving a car
with comfy seats, air conditioning and radio and CD players fitted as standard.
Those were the days.  Hard but trouble free for most of the time.

Alex