[guide.chat] People Born Blind

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:44:53 +0100

Good Afternoon Carol and all. yes Carol you are right there total blindness is
like being in a dark lonely hole all the time that's how I would describe it. I
can feel so vulnerable and isolated especially if no one is talking to me. The
only place I really feel secure is in my own home and my own surroundings but
take me out of that and I feel quite insecure unless I have someone with me all
the time who is happy to keep describing things to me and talking to me all the
time. I don't like crowds at all. Also being so dependent on others constantly
can make me feel so vulnerable to being hurt and let down as this has sadly
happened to me such a lot as not everyone in this world is so loving and
caring. Thank God I have such lovely friends like you and everyone on this
group to cheer me up and knowing there's others in the same boat is such a
comfort to me. Yes Carol I can certainly use my sense of smell to the max. I
can smell out food and chocolate a mile off for sure hahahahaha. That more than
makes up for not being able to see anything. Now you know why I make so much of
my food. It's one of the pleasures in life I can enjoy. That's my excuse I will
stick to of course as if I need one hahahahaha. Oh Carol I love the sound of
these braille designs you and Alan are talking about. Very clever and
interesting. Good on you Carol for having a go. I would love to have a go too
so keep me posted how you get on with it. The copycat I am too just like you
hahahehehehehehe. I don't have a Perkins anymore as you know as I gave it to
you to donate to Henshaw's as I never used it now I have this portable jot a
dot machine although not sure if I could do braille designs using that but
could try. I'm so happy Henshaw's are getting use out of my braille machine and
it's not going to waste. Another thing Carol is that I'm so happy I gave you my
colour indicator and you are getting use out of it as it was no use to me with
not knowing colours no way. Well that pen friend labeller sounds so cool but I
prefer to label my CD's etc in braille. I use a braille dymo tape gun to label
things in braille much easier for me but of course it's all about personal
choice so what works for one person doesn't work for another. What a good job
we are all different. It would be a boring world if we were all the same for
sure. Those talking tins sound so cool too but again I think I would use
braille if I had my own place and had to label my food. Well I have spoken
about lots of subjects in the same message. The chatterbox I am Carol just like
you hahahehehehehehe. Love Clare xxxx