[guide.chat] Paddy the Painter.

  • From: "A. Machray" <a.machray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:25:31 +0100

Paddy The Painter. . . . .A Groaner for you.

Painting the  Church.

There was a Dublin painter named  Paddy the Painter who was very interested in
making a penny where he could, so he often  thinned down his paint to make it
go a wee bit  further.

As it happened, he got away with this  for some time, but eventually the parish
priest  decided to do a big restoration job on the  outside of the Church.

Paddy put in a bid, and, because his  price was so low, he got the job.

So he set about erecting the  scaffolding and setting up the planks, and
buying the paint and, yes, I am sorry to say,  thinning it down with
turpentine..

Well, Paddy was up on the  scaffolding, painting away, the job nearly
completed, when suddenly there was a horrendous  clap of thunder, the sky
opened, and the rain  poured down washing the thinned paint from all  over the
church and knocking Paddy clear off the  scaffold to land on the lawn among the
 gravestones, surrounded by telltale puddles of  the thinned and useless paint .

Paddy was no fool.  He knew this  was a judgment from the Almighty, so he got
down on his knees and cried:

"Oh, God,  Oh God, forgive me; what should I  do?"

And from the thunder, a mighty voice  spoke..   (you're going to love  this)

"Repaint!   Repaint!   And thin no more!"