[guide.chat] Re: Lefthanded Folks

  • From: "David" <baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:48:09 -0500

No really horrible things from school days as far as punishments go.  The
worst I remember was a third year teacher not believing I was allergic to
tomatoes and forcing me to eat an entire bowl of tomato soup in the
cafeteria.  It's OK though my revenge was swift I was made to sit and face
her while I ate.  My reaction always occurred rapidly.  She wore a second
hand dose of soup and had to be excused the remainder of the day.  My Da'
came to school when summoned and he and the principal(headmaster) had a
heated powwow, in which one of his kinder references to the teacher was as
an idiot.  He refused to allow me to be punished and said the teacher got
wjat she asked for.  I have thankfully outgrown the allergy, still don't eat
raw tomatoes causes a gag reaction, probably from learned reaction.  I can
now enjoy pizza, Spaghetti sauce and Chili.  The one bully teacher I
remember was a math teacher, strangely I grew to love math in middle and
high school after leaving him behind.  I earned a double major in college in
Mathematics and Computer Science with honors.  My problem with this teacher
was we were using a special system for math that required a grease pencil to
write on laminated sheets so they could be erased and reused.  I always lost
my pencil at recess rough-housing with the boys.  He unlike my teacer the
prior year would not let me complete the work on my own paper in pencil.

David L. Bailey
baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx