[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] books

  • From: "anne bradley" <anne.bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jenny Coupe" <jenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 16:02:21 +0100

Hi Jenny,

Wonder what type of books you like.
The following are a mixture and borrowed from the Rnib talking books.

Wedlock, by Wendy Moore. This is a biography about Mary Eleanor Bowes.

Caught, by Harlan Coben, a thriller.
Picture perfect, by jodi picoult, a thriller.

The nanny diaries, by  Emma McLaughlin.  and  Nicola Kraus. Chick lit though
well worth a read, in my opinion.

The lighthouse, by P. D. James an Adam Dalgliesh crime/mystery.

The help, , by Kathryn Stockett. Really good novel about life for afroamerican
maids set in the 1960's.

A painted house, by John Grisham, this isn't one of his legal type books which
are good and think I like the story as it paints such a vivid picture so to
speak.
Well I could go on forever hahaha, but those are a few I'd take on holiday. Are
you going far and hope the rain stays away. There is  also The girl with the
dragon tatoo trilogy which I might read again this summer.
Have a good time.

Anne.