[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] blue john

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:53:55 +0100

Hi kevin, Like I said it was about 50 years ago that I went down the blue john
mines and I can't remember if we went in a boat at the bottom of the mines.
Does anyone else know.?

Malcolm.

Hi

Blue John can be found in many places including Castleton, Whitby and Sheffield
and Cromer.  You only have to find the right shop that sells stones and semi
precious stones.  It comes in many colours such as brown, green, purple and
blu.  You can just buy it in little chunks for a couple of pounds or you can
buy vases are statues made of blue john.

It used too be mined in Derbyshire.  I have been down the mine but it was not
flooded and I did not have to get into a boat.

Kevin

-----