[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] blue john

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:12:35 +0100

Hi Donna, thanks for that about the boats. I knew there was something about
boats at the back of my mind. I have been on the internet and put some facts on
as attachments. Blue John and Jet. Hope you find them interesting.

love Malcolm. xxx

hi malcom, the cave with the boat is called speedwell cavern ,it is a very
narrow cave which is only enterd in a narrow boat ,and the men would lie on
there backs and move the boat with there legs against the walls . the boats now
have engines in .that cave is shut in winter as it floods  .the cave with
stalanites is called the devils arse ,dont know why it is named that .we go
christmas carol singing in there at christmas ,it is very cold .it is a very
big cave .the tour guides tell you a story about a caver getting trapped down
there and he is still there now buried in concrete as they could not get him
out .
the other caves are treak cliff and blue john ,which i think they are working
in .your right in saying it is the only place it is found .i am not sure ,but i
think it is stone .
donna

-----