[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Left Handed

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 21:52:18 -0000

Hi Donna,

If you like stories like that I might as well finish it. After I left junior
school and started at secondary school we had teacher's there that carried on
the job of discipline. We had a woodwork teacher that made you bend over and
hit  you with apiece of 2 by 2 wood, the metal work teacher hit us on the hands
with a metal poker which he said he made himself for that purpose. The history
teacher used a slipper on the head and two others use to thump us between the
shoulder blades if we got in front of them in the corridors. And the headmaster
as usual with his strap or cain.

e. The school I went to was a two story building in which the boys were at the
top and the girls below as they didn't have many mixed schools in those days.
We would get punished if we were caught looking at the girls and we weren't
allowed to walk with a girl on your own within one mile of the school. IF you
were seen doing this you were at the headmaster's door the next day. Guess what
for. Yes the strap or Cain.
Good old days' What would they do today if they did things like that today?