[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Forwarded Email: RNIB Launch Talking Freeview Set Top Box

  • From: "Sally" <se.wooller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:38:09 +0100

Hi David,

Thanks very much for the info. and it will be great when our area will be
getting Freeview probably in 2012 for us, so my hubby says.

TTFN
Sally

From: Mailbox, Broadcasting - Email Address: Broadcasting@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 28/07/2010 16:05
Sent To: Mailbox, Broadcasting - Email Address: Broadcasting@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RNIB Launch Talking Freeview Set Top Box

RNIB Launch Talking Freeview Set Top Box

As someone who receives audio description updates from RNIB, we hope that the
following information is of interest to you.

The Goodmans Smart Talk TV set top box announces all on-screen information,
including programme guides and menus, using synthetic speech. This affordable
set top box has been designed and developed in conjunction with RNIB to provide
full access to Freeview® digital TV and radio services for blind and partially
sighted people. It's easy to set up with your existing TV using the supplied
SCART cable. Features include:

fully talking Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)
access to programmes with audio description (AD)
talking menus enabling you to customise all settings
easy-to-see menus and programme guides
ergonomic remote control with raised and well spaced buttons
remote control button presses which are spoken to confirm your choice; and
a dedicated button to stop the speech once you have the information you need.

Priced from £85.10.

To order or for more information, call us on 0303 123 9999, or shop online at
www.rnib.org.uk/shop

unsubscribe in the title of your email.
--
DISCLAIMER: