[guide.chat] Good evening all.

  • From: "John Keel" <j.keel1428@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chat forum" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 18:45:37 -0000

Sorry I haven't been around much today. This morning we had a meeting of all
residents here with our caterers to discuss any complaints or suggestions we
might want to make. All this afternoon was spent burning DVDs. For the
non-technical, this doesn't mean setting fire to the discs. It means recording
stuff onto blank discs. I have a lot of material I want to keep and this is the
best way of doing it. I do not trust hard drives on computers. If they pack up,
you are in real trouble. Solid state hard drives which have no moving parts
have been developed but they are still quite expensive but when the prices come
down, they will solve a lot of problems. Meanwile, we must rely on DVDs or
memory sticks or SD cards.
Love John xxxx