[guide.chat] Baked Canaloni recipe

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:58:19 -0000

Good evening Carol, I hope you like this recipe our friend Chris asked me to
pass onto you. Others may like it too so I'm putting it out on here. Love Clare

Recipe begins
ingredients

8 cannelloni tubes
A few basil leaves, torn
2 level tbsps grated Parmesan cheese

for the Filling:
227g/8oz fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
227g/8oz fat-free natural cottage cheese
freshly grated nutmeg
1 egg yolk
salt and ground black pepper

for the Sauce:
426ml/¾pt passata
pinch of sugar
1 garlic clove, crushed
salt and ground black pepper

method

1. To make the filling put the spinach in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons
of water. Cover with a lid and cook very gently over a low heat for
about 5 minutes,
until the leaves are limp and bright green. Drain in a colander,
pressing down on top of the spinach with a saucer to squeeze out all the
liquid.

2. Chop the spinach and mix with the cottage cheese, nutmeg, egg yolk
and seasoning. Spoon the filling into the cannelloni tubes and arrange
them in an
ovenproof dish.

3. Mix the passata, sugar, garlic and seasoning together and pour over
the cannelloni. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese and bake in a
preheated oven
at 200C°/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes, until bubbling and
golden brown.
Recipe ends