[guide.chat] Asking Chatters

  • From: "davidguidedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <davidguidedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:42:22 -0000

Evening all,

I am certain that at least one chatter will have seen the Disk that the RNIB
sent out about there latest talking book player.

I expect a number of people like myself went through a large number of victor
reader classic due to the unreliability and short battery life.

just to shut me up I was eventually sent a Plextalk player which is a small
robust little player with a sleep button which is useful.

I see that in the RNIB Catalogue with library subscription this player to buy
is £250.
the same player without the library subscription is £250. yes that's right
£250.

on investigation using the Dog and Bone Snail Mail some will know as the postal
service and very fast Email I have not been able to discover the reason why the
price of this player is so high.
however I Digress.

If we believe what we read the first batch will be distributed on loan to the
first 1000 Lucky punters who have asked for them.

I gather that the new players come's  with a memory stick which I assume books
can be down loaded with and then listened to via the new equipment or perhaps
the stick is a replacement spoon to Stir your Coffee with.

If you agree to have the new player you then have to send your current machine
back which Is reasonable but if the new player is anything like the dreadful
classic series I would not consider making the change.

perhaps chatters will update us all wen they have had the chance to give us an
Opinion.

with all good wishes,
from Dave.