[gtk-server] Re: Unrequre & Undefine

  • From: Peter van Eerten <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 20:26:46 +0100

Indeed there is no such call like "gtk_server_alias". At the same time your problem is not completely clear to me, and I wonder if the ALIAS construct would help you out anyway...

Quoting John Spikowski <johnspikowski@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 14:24 +0100, Peter van Eerten wrote:

You don't need to explicitly 'undefine' any of your previous definitions.

Just use 'gtk_server_redefine' for the same imported function and this
will overwrite any previous definition automatically.

Thanks Peter for the clarification.

I'm trying to use GTK-Server to embed the ScriptBasic API in scriba. The
hope is that I can spawn threaded scripts from the interpreter. (like
what sbhttpd does now) I have run into an issue with the SB API in the
interpreter calling GTK-Server to embed SB has it's functions exported.
I only get a "symbol not found" error at runtime.

I thought I would try the ALIAS option in GTK-Server but I don't see a
"gtk_server_alias ...." option and looks like using it in a .cfg is my
only choice.

John

--
http://www.gtk-server.org