Noralee was nice enough to share this with us!!!!
Thank You Noralee!!!
From: Deason, Noralee [mailto:ndeason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 12:49 PM
To: Willis, Priscilla
Subject: FW: Start with This
From: Deason, Noralee
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 2:15 PM
To: 'Carolyn Oliver'
Subject: Start with This
There is probably a better way, but this is how I found those students with
1) Insert 2 columns to the far left on the download spreadsheet.
2) In the 1st column, enter this formula: =CONCATENATE(LEFT(H2,3),
3) In the 2nd column, enter this formula: =CONCATENATE(A2, ": ", N2, ":
", W2, "_", X2)
4) Fill both formulas all the way down.
5) Label the 1st column "Root Course" and the 2nd column "Course / Teacher
6) Highlight All.
7) Go to Insert - Pivot Table. Set up as follows:
8) Next, highlight cells from A4:C?? (wherever the actual data ends and
before the totals)
9) Do a Ctrl-C to copy.
10) Paste to a separate worksheet or workbook.
11) Apply a filter to column B (the count of GTIDs) for everything over 1.
This will give you students who seem to have multiple rows for the same root
12) Apply a filter to column C for >= .65. This will give you those that
were tagged as DNM 65% but have over 65% when the lines are combined.
Noralee R. Deason
Information Systems Coordinator, Effingham County Schools
Phone: (912) 754-2507
Fax: (912) 754-6493
This message is intended only for the specified recipients. If you are not the
intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited. This communication represents the originator's personal views,
which may not reflect those of Pike County Schools. The sender believes that
this E-Mail and any attachments do not contain a virus, worm, trojan, and/or
malicious code when sent. This message and its attachments could have been
infected during transmission. By reading the message and opening any
attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective
and remedial action about viruses and other defects.
If you received this email in error, please immediately notify the Technology
Department, Pike County Schools, 7454 US Hwy 19 South, Zebulon, GA 30295.