[gsis_admins] FW: GOFAR

  • From: Denise Epperson <denise.epperson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 10:52:01 -0500

In case, you didn’t receive the email regarding GOFAR.

Denise Epperson

Administrative Technology

Griffin – Spalding County Schools

770-229-3710 x 315

FYI – GOFAR is now available to teachers, administrators, and CO staff in
GSCS.  Access by logging in to IC, click the SLDS link, and then click the
“GOFAR” tab in SLDS.

*From:* Anthony Eitel <AEitel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* November 13, 2014 at 2:50:43 PM EST
*To:*
*Subject:* *Georgia Online Formative Assessment Resource (GOFAR) Launch
Notice*

(Courtesy Copy),

We are pleased to share with you that your district’s access to the Georgia
Online Formative Assessment Resource (GOFAR) will be available beginning
Friday, November 14, 2014.

Please note that system-level and school-level users may access GOFAR
through the Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS).  The student website
may be accessed at https://gofar.gadoe.org/GOFARWeb.

As you may recall, we discussed GOFAR in both our Fall Assessment
Conference General Sessions in August 2014 and again during introductory
webinars conducted in early October 2014.  As discussed in these
presentations, teachers and administrators may use GOFAR to develop
formative and benchmark assessments aligned to the state-adopted content
standards to assist in informing instruction.  GOFAR is available through
the Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS).  We believe your schools
will find it a helpful tool in support of their instructional efforts.

It is important to share that we will continue loading remaining test items
in the weeks following this launch.  As a result, you will see the item
bank continue to grow.  Once these final loads are complete, the GaDOE
Benchmarks and Framework Assessments will become available in GOFAR just as
they are now in the Georgia Online Assessment System (OAS).  Additionally,
“generic” student tests – like those currently available through OAS – will
be deployed through GOFAR in the coming weeks as well.  While the OAS will
remain fully available for your use through June 30, 2015, your district
should plan to utilize GOFAR to some degree this year so that your staff
and students are acquainted with this tool as you approach the 2015-2016
school year.  The OAS will no longer be available after June 2015.

Please note that we continue to seek feedback on GOFAR so that we can
provide your schools and your students the best user experience.  To that
end, you will find a feedback form posted at
http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Documents/GOFAR%20Feedback%20Template.xls
.  Please return any feedback using that form by sending it to:
gofar.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

User documentation has been developed to assist in the use of GOFAR.  The
following items can be found at:
http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/Georgia-Online-Formative-Assessment-Resource.aspx
.

·         User Guide

·         Quick Start Guides

·         GOFAR Introductory Webinar (October 2014)

*FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT:*

·         Users may contact the GaDOE Help Desk at (800) 869-1011;
HelpDesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

*FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING GOFAR’S CONTENT AND OTHER GENERAL QUESTIONS:*

·         Users may contact Michael Huneke (404) 232-1208 or toll-free at
(800) 634-4106; mhuneke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thank you!

- Tony

__________