[griffith-lug] Ubuntu problems mounting internal drives

  • From: Ron Gauci <ron.gauci@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GLUG <griffith-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:00:55 +1000

Hello Bernard and everyone,
Hope everyone is AOK....
I have been experimenting with WINE as I had a number of Windows
programs that we needed to use. I t worked like a dream I was able to
install several programs and everything went very well.
At some stage after an update I lost the internal SATA drives and now it
even refuses to mount external drives! Network drives are OK and fully
accessible.
I have tried several ways from the ubuntu forums but so far no luck. I
am not sure when it happened as I had installed several programs and
several updates before I noticed.
Also after the second or third update/upgrades there are two versions of
the kernel 2.24.19 and 2.24.16 . It does'nt matter which one I use I
still cannot mount the internal or any usb drives...
Any help would be appreciated
Regards to all
Ron

<< Griffith Linux Users Group >>
Meets: last Sunday of every month
Next Meeting: 28th September 2008, 2-5pm,
Where: 2MIA studios,Groongal Ave Griffith, corner of Jubilee Park
Website: //www.freelists.org/webpage/griffith-lug