[greenbuild] Re: next meeting

  • From: Jay Jacobson <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:28:35 -0400

Hi;
         Concerning water, there's another question which I think is too
seldom considered.  How can we collect and use rainwater so we're not
dependent on chlorinated water supplies and energy that is used to pump
water from reservoirs to our houses?
         Here at EcoVillage I'm trying to get people to collect rainwater
to use for irrigating gardens instead of pumping drinking water from the
Town of Ithaca for that purpose.  Is anyone using collected rainwater to
flush toilets instead of using drinking water?  If so, let's share the
experience so we all can benefit.  If not, who'll give it a try, so we can
learn how to do in a climate that gets plenty of rain but has intervals of
drought.
         Can this be a part of the discussion at the next meeting?
Jay