[greenbuild] The bales are coming!

  • From: gmo <gmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rld22@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:15:56 -0400

(first off, apologies for any cross-postings)

Even though we haven't established a work schedule, I thought I'd post
that our bales are coming May 5th, and we could use a hand stacking
them. That's the same day as an open-space conference at EcoVillage, so
come on out and get dirty first and then talk about it! (actually, you
probably won't even get very dirty.)

We've ordered about 500 bales and they're being delivered around 11 am.
We'll need to stack and cover them pretty quickly (especially if it's
raining or threatening rain). So, we could use some hands. We won't
actually be building with the straw for a while yet, this is just grunt
work. But it'd be much appreciated. And, the sooner we get them stacked,
the sooner we can start eating, drinking, and bonfiring (very far from
where the bales are!). (food, soda, beer, and bonfire provided!)

All are welcome. Tell your friends. Thanks,
Guillermo Metz

PS. If you get a chance, please respond (to me privately at this e-mail
address) so we have some idea of how many people to expect.
PPS. Directions: We're at 103 Durfee Hill Rd., in Danby.
From Ithaca: 96B south to Hornbrook Rd. (just past Danby General Store
and the Danby Fire Hall on the right, there's a sign for Ithaca Auto
Salvage and Hornbrook Rd. on the left). Take that about 2 miles to the
first intersection and turn right (Durfee Hill Rd.). Stay left at the
"Y" and park along the road about 1/4 mile up, across from a small horse
pasture and barn (and a lg. mailbox that says 103 down the side).
If you're coming from anywhere else, just let me know and I'll help you
out.