[greenbuild] Re: Introduction re: bioregion

  • From: Elan Shapiro <elansla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:43:48 -0400

todd. joe.  thanks for the clear work.i like the proposed terms.

Re: bioregion, i think we can get more specific and engaged than
saying its bigger than ithaca and smaller than nys.
the term bioregion implies some geographic, biological, and cultural
coherence, that forms a natural foundation for  community and economy
not based primarily on beauracratic political boundaries, in our case
either the cayuga lake watershed /bioregion or the finger lakes
watershed/bioregion.
                elan