[greenbuild] Cayuga Greens Project

  • From: "Stephen Nicholson" <scnfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:11:01 -0500

I  attended the first public workshop, chaired by Alan Cohen. I was able to
talk to both the owner of Monahan and his chief architect, and stressed that
it would be in their best interests to create as green a project as they
could, given the contentious nature of us  Ithacan's. They were both
familiar with LEED certification, and have incorporated green design into
other projects. The recent article in the Journal doesn't make it clear if
this has been done with Cayuga Green. Todd's suggestions are great, and we
all need to push them. I would be willing to be part of a "Cayuga Green or
Change the Name" committee to develop a more formal presentation to Monahan.
Steve Nicholson
Vice-Chair
Environmental Management Council