[greenbuild] Bio: Steve Paisley

  • From: Stephen Paisley <Stephen.Paisley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 13:27:22 -0400

        I am currently building a house for my family and me in City of
Ithaca using things like recycled and locally milled lumber, cellulose
insulation, a masonry heater, and tempered hot/warm water.  I work part-time
doing home energy audits, and am building the house as I have the time and $
to do so.  There are some drawbacks to building in the city, like dealing
with city codes and regulations, but the fact that I in something like a
real neighborhood, walk to work and to downtown, and not be dependent on a
car makes it very worthwhile.
          I have a pretty good knowledge of things like insulation,
combustion appliances, and indoor air quality, as well as structural design,
and I would be happy to help anyone who is building a new house or living in
an old one with any resources or advice I have that might be helpful.  The
house I am building is at 119 South Hill Terrace--feel free to stop by and
check it out, and say hi and introduce yourself if I am there working. (Turn
right off of Clinton St.onto Turner Place opposite the city police station.
The first right halfway up the hill is South Hill Terrace.  My house is on
the left in the second block.)
        PS.  I am also a big fan of Christopher Alexander's work, and would
highly recommend his books The Timeless way of Building and A Pattern
Language to anyone who is not familiar with them.