[gptalk] Password Policy behavior

  • From: "Brahim Bouchaiba" <bouchaiba@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:55:15 -0400

Hi,

I was asked today to setup password policy for our users, I went ahead and did
it following the directions in this doc :

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/directory/activedirectory/stepbystep/strngpw.mspx

when we tried it the boss didn't like the complexity of the passwords part so I
went ahead and deleted the gpo and it's link .Now every time a user log off
and log back in they get a message saying your password has expired and get
prompted to change
their  it

1-Now if I understand correctly once you delete any gpo and it's link all its
settings should not be enforced anymore ?

2-Is there way to reverse what's happening to our users now