[gptalk] Null SID and GPO processing

  • From: Neil Berry <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:38:41 +0100

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had come across this issue before. I was having some problems with GPO processing - software installation and noticed that several workstations were members of a Group called NULL SID instead of expected groups (authenticated users etc)

I seem to get various GPO processing problems with these (obviously because they are not in authenticated users group and can't read the policies) Re-adding the machine to domain solves initially but then it will end up joining the Null SID group again. DCs seem fine and machines can connect to Domain and authenticate etc - ran dcdiag, nltest etc.

Any thoughts or clues would be be most welcome. At the moment my only fix is removing and readding to domain which fixes temporarily. Thanks for your thoughts - I am guessing it must be some sort of intermittent network problem. Found a little on web on this issue but no real fix or cause so far.

Thanks
Neil