[gptalk] Re: Group Policy and WMI question

  • From: "Jakob H. Heidelberg" <jakob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:54:24 +0100

The simple way is to use Security filtering.

Create a group called something like "No_Firewall_Policy_Machines", add the
workstation to that group and then on the GPO Security tab (delegation in
GPMC) you can Deny "Apply Group Policy" for that group.

You could turn around that method - so the policy would apply only to a
particular group with all of your domain computers except that particular
machine (in this case remember to remove the Authenticated Users group). But
in your case Deny-method might be easier.

/Jakob