[gptalk] Group Policy and WMI question

  • From: "Jason Williams" <jason.williams14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:39:58 -0800

I have a group policy for Windows XP Firewall that is set to all of our
desktop computers. I also put in a WMI filter that says to only apply this
policy to Windows XP machines and not Vista machines (was causing issues
when we did this.)

Anyway, I have been given a request to see if it is possible to have one
specific computer that is running XP, excluded from this particular group
policy. Is this something I can do? Perhaps done through WMI or another
method? I just started to look into this, so I am open to any suggestions.

I appreciate it.

Jason