[gptalk] Computer based GPO to Disable Screensaver

  • From: "Nate Bahta" <nathaniel.bahta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:22:22 -0500

Hey all,

I am trying to block our screensaver based upon MACHINE, and using Security filtering in GPMC to define the machines. I set a Group policy to use loopback processing in merge mode and then the user portion disables the screensaver. I checked through the userenv.log file on my client that is in the Group and when it sees the GPO it says that the user does not have access to the GPO so it will not be applied. I gave Authenticated users read permissions to the GPO but that still does not work. My GPRESULT comes back with The computer seeing it comes up in the filter and it says it will be applied, but the user does not have it in its filter, or being applied. I dont want to give them any more Permissions than the read permissions because then they show up in the filter. Does anyone have any idea how to make this happen?

Thanks

Nathaniel Bahta
DRS TSI
Camp Victory, Iraq