[gptalk] Re: Bat File Not Executing.

  • From: "Harry Singh" <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:12:52 -0400

Jamie,

Yes, the script is deleting the documents and setting folder. I agree this
isn't very clean, but  I am having trouble in negotiating the delprof
command line to delete the profile i want under my specific parameters.
Specifically, i want the profile to be deleted upon every reboot, either
during the shutdown or, preferably, during the startup of the machine. ?

Secondly, i believe my problem was i  was applying the GPO to an OU that
just had the computer accounts. I realized this can't be done, i'd have to
apply it to the OU containing the LAB user account ; since only the Computer
Config is enabled, the script will execute on whatever machine that user
logs into, correct ? That being said, what should the loopback processing
setting be on this GPO, if there are no user configured settings on this GPO
but others ?

Just to clear up any confusion, if i want machine specific settings only to
apply to computer accounts, i need to:

   - Configure the Computer Configuration portion of the GPO.
   - Create a Security Group and add the respective computer accounts to
   this group and add it to the permissions of the GPO with the "Apply" GPO
   permission ?
   - Never apply GPO's to OU's that just have computer accounts
   - Enable loopback processing on a computer oriented GPO if you have any
   USER Confiuration settings in that GPO, otherwise just leave it disabled or
   not configured ?