[gptalk] Re: Bat File Not Executing.

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 16:27:05 -0500

Delprof.exe can’t delete a specific user profile, you generally tell it the max
number of days old a profile can be (from last use) and it will delete anything
older than that. I still don’t understand why you want to delete it on every
reboot though. Maybe you can be kind enough to elaborate?

Actually, you were right the first time. For startup scripts to run they must
be applied to OUs containing computer objects. You don’t need loopback policy
or security filtering for that. To clarify, loopback policy is used when you
want user configuration policies to apply based on where the computer object
resides instead of the user object.

Hope that helps. J